- Council for Exceptional Children (CEC) The premier United States special education association. Assists teachers, school administrators and related service providers to appropriately implement recent changes to the United States’ primary special education laws.
- Internet Special Education Resources (SER): A nationwide directory of special education professionals providing learning disabilities and ADD assessments, Autism treatment, and advocacy and speech therapy.
- National Dissemination Center for Children with Disabilities (NICHCY) NICHY serves the nation as a central source of information on disabilities in infants, toddlers, children, and youth. Here, you’ll also find easy-to-read information on IDEA, the law authorizing early intervention services and special education.
- National Association of Parents with Children in Special Education: A place where parents of children in special education can find everything they need to know to be their child’s best advocates
- specialeducationguide A site that serves as a comprehensive guide to the field of special education for parents and educators.
Speech and Language:
- American Speech-Language Hearing Association (ASHA) The professional, scientific, and credentialing speech and language association.
- Autism Society: the nation’s premiere autism resource.
- Autism Research Network: Provides an excellent overview of autism.
- Autism Speaks: the nation’s largest autism- related non-profit
- My Asperger’s Child: Support group for parents of children who have Asperger’s.
- Wright’s Law: is a leading website about special education law and advocacy.
- Autistic Self-Advocacy Network (ASAN): “Nothing About Us Without Us.”
- Autism National Committee (OUTCOM): Support, inclusion and social justice.
- FRAXA: Finding a cure for Fragile X and autism.
- National Fragile X Foundation: Their mission is to help families, spread awareness, find improved treatments, and support research leading to an eventual cure for all Fragile X-associated Disorders.
- Children and Adults with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (CHADD) is a non-profit, membership organization that provides resources for ADHD.
- Attention Deficit Disorder Association (ADD) provides articles, personal stories, interviews with ADD professionals, book reviews, and links.
- United Cerebral Palsy (UCP) Educates, advocates and provides support services to ensure a life without limits for people with a spectrum of disabilities.
- National Down Syndrome Society (NDSS) The national advocate for the value, acceptance and inclusion of people with Down’s Syndrome.
National Association Association for Down’s Syndrome (NADS): Empowering parents by providing them information.
Deaf & Hard of Hearing:
- Deaf & Hard of Hearing Society The national advocate for the value, acceptance and inclusion of people with Down’s Syndrome.
William’s Syndrome: Williams Syndrome Changing Lives Foundation